Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yard Sale

We are having a big yard sale today, trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff we don't need and raise some money for my wife's plane tickets, she's going home to visit family and we are hurting for $$ right now.

I'm also trying to clear out a lot of my survival junk, it just makes me cringe to see a lot of the completely stupid shit I have bought over the years.

*sigh*

That's actually a topic for a future post, survival junk and excess buying.  There's a real industry out there, encouraging you to buy a bunch of stuff you don't need and will never use for your preparedness needs.  Consumerism is the name of the game in "modern" society and survivalists are very vulnerable to overspending.

So, keep it simple, light, and affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment